Monday, April 5, 2010

Review of Percy Jackson: the lightning thief

I was looking for a new series to get into and I happened to catch the trailer for the light ing thief so I thought I'd give the book a try while I wait for the DVD release. Also my wife said I'd be able to get through it without a whole lot of difficulty. I must say that I really enjoyed this book. I know that it is geared fir a much younger
audience, but the reading was fairly easy and the pace was never dull or slow. I felt the characters were developed well and I really enjoyed the story.
The only down note I can think of is that i've read numerous reviews that the movie is really nothing like the book. I know that should not be a mar on the book, but the author should keep tighter control over their property. The Harry potter books turned out amazing. I look forward to reading the next book and seeing the movie to see if it is all as bad as the critics say.

~Klint

0 comments:

Post a Comment