Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ghostbusters the game review


I've always been a fan of the Ghostbuster movies, it's something I grew up on.  When I heard that they were making a Ghostbuster video game I was more than skeptical (most movie games kinda suck) but then I found out that the designers got the original actors to do the voice overs!  Oh yes, Venkman, Winston, Egon, and Ray are back in their full pixel glory and it sounds the same.  They even got Janine!  Actors aside they story is great and it's presented as if it was a movie in the series, movie credits and all.  The player is cast as a rookie in the ghostbuster crew they the ghostbusters are using to test experimental equipment on, so that means beside your usual proton pack, you get slime blowers and shock blasters and more.  It's a fun , but short trip through a childhood favorite.

On a side note, Netflix just recently put the 2nd movie on their instant watch list and my youngest daughter LOVES it.  We've watched it a few times and it really got me in the mood to play this game.

0 comments:

Post a Comment