Thursday, July 8, 2010

Watch Book of Eli

I sat down to watch Book of Eli, and made the mistake o listening to some reviews beforehand.  It got some mediocre reviews so I wasn't expecting anything special, just perhaps to spend a couple hours relaxing on the couch. 
 
Wow was I wrong! 
 
I'm a fan of post apocolyptic themed stuff to begin with (Fallout, , etc.) but i was really impressed with how it was handled here.  It wasn't something that people talked about on end, but you could tell it happened a long time ago and people are just dealing with it, looking for ways to get by.  Eli comes into the story as carrying a symbol of hope and single mindedly carrying it west.  There is some great character development and twists here.
 
This made it to one of my top 10 movies....pick it up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment