Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Watch Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition


I watched Fellowship of the Ring when it first came out in theaters quite some time ago (I'll have to check IMDB and get back to ya on that one) but I watched the extended edition for the first time this past weekend and was pleasantly surprised. 

I read the books just before the movies were done filming and was really impressed at how well they did on putting feel of the books on the screen.  With books as epic as the Lord of the Rings there will be parts left out to streamline the movie so the audience isn't sitting through a 6 hour movie but most books get made into terrible movies.  Harry Potter series and the Lord of the Rings are rare exceptions. 

With that being said, the movie is still amazing but as I was watching it it was fun to see what was left out of the original cut.  There is a whole sequence that is easily 10-20 minutes long that is new.  I'll grant that it wasn't uber important to the story and there is no detriment to it being left out in the original, but it was nice to see it there as someone who has read the books.

I love these stories and really enjoy the movies.  If you haven't seen them or read them please do yourself a favor and do so!

0 comments:

Post a Comment