Sunday, November 28, 2010

Brotherhood of Wolves

For something new I decided to try out a French film. Avoiding all the crazy mushy romances I went with the brotherhood of wolves, or Le pacte des loupes. It was a really good movie, but it would suffer a bit in American cinema I think. First off, it is about 2.5 hours long. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the pacing is a little slow than what I am used to and there are some extraneous interactions that would be left on the cutting room floor. That being said the character development is odd in that you feel connected to the characters but not completely and not until the end.
The story takes place in the time of trickle hats and powdered wigs as they are everywhere! In a provence of France there are some mysterious killings by a horrible beast and the king's taxidermist and his loyal companion are sent to get to the bottom of matters.
I did enjoy the movie, had to push myself through some slow parts but felt rewarded by the ending.
~Klint

0 comments:

Post a Comment