Thursday, December 23, 2010

Review for Castlevania Lords of Shadow

I have always been rather hot and cold about the castlevania series.  I love the story behind them and the game design, but I was still pretty young when they came out for the most part and they were crazy hard so I got to a certain point then didn't enjoy them anymore out of frustration.  When I first heard about the Castlevania Lords of Shadow game I got really excited because I figured that as an adult i would be more capable of handling the challenges the game would pose to me.  So far I am right and I do enjoy the game very much.  It seems really reminiscent of a God of War-esque game with combos and upgrading combat skills through orbs received from fallen enemies, but it is a very enjoyable game.  The boss battles are so far are very epic!  I don't want to go into too much detail as this is still a very story driven game, but the fact that Patrick Stewart is a voice actor for one of the main characters and the narrator I think is amazing!  Unfortunatly I sent it back before I could complete it due to spending WAY too much time fighting camera angles and aimlessly wandering looking for some trinket every other level.  Good game, just not quite polished in my opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment