Saturday, September 25, 2010

Read last Olympian

I finished up the last book in the Percy Jackson series and I must say that I am very glad that I read this series. It was entertaining nearly all the way through, had great characters, a good over-arcing storyline as well as episodic stories and the thing that I really appreciated was the conclusion to the story. I don't want to give much away, but I am getting tired of all these stories that feel the need to have the hero give up something for the good of everyone or sacrifice themselves to save the world. Now I'm not saying that selfishness is an endearing quality in heroes, but I feel that they should be genuinely rewarded from time to time without strings the size tow cables attached. I'm thoroughly happy with the clash of the huge armies, the final fight between Percy and Kronos, and the resolution after the battle. This series is wonderful and if you remotely like the Harry Potter series you should look into this series.
~Klint

0 comments:

Post a Comment